Let’s start with this: all emails concerning material (audio/video/dcp) must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org . You can cc: individual members of the planning/ production/creative team, but don’t send files/Wetransfers only to them.
These are the different ways to send us audio, video and/or DCP files.
|Source/Size||< 2GB (small)||> 2-20GB (big)||> 20GB (huge)|
|You are in Belgium||HDMAT (studios)
|You are outside Belgium||WETRANSFER||FTP
- Using the DMAT client
- HDMAT only has stereo audio, so you might have to send your 5.1 audio mix via another channel.
- Let us know that you’ve sent us something!
- the free version of WeTransfer will allow you to send files up to 2GB
- the paid WeTransfer Plus allows up to 20GB per transfer. If you often send huge files, it makes sense to upgrade.
- if you already have a cloud storage system like: Dropbox, OneDrive, … you can also send us the URL where we can find the files.
- on our FTP server – ask our server, username, password
- on your FTP server – send us your FTP server, login, password
- USB stick or hard drive (USB only)
- Always compress your files into 1 or more ZIP files!
Both Windows and MacOS have built-in tools for this.
For ZIP files > 1 GB, use 7-zip (Win).
- USB 2.0/3.0 only, no Firewire or eSATA
- PC-formatted (NTFS/FAT32 – no Mac disk)
- Let us know there is something on the way!